I owe my life to the fantastic NHS staff who continue to care for me.
To show my thanks I launched the By Your Side Campaign with the North Wales NHS Charity, Awyr Las, in November 2014.
We set out to raise 351,120 pounds over 3 years
£1 for every step between hospitals in Wrexham and Bangor
Thanks to the fantastic people and communities that have got involved in the campaign so far, we have together smashed our half way mark.
We’ve raised £176,000 so far
Together we have achieved so much by funding:
The Robins hospital volunteer programme
- Equipment to help community nurses provide better end of life care for people in their own homes
- Community support programmes for people with cancer and their carers which bring vital support services together under one roof
- Improvements on the Alaw Unit in Ysbyty Gwynedd, helping to provide the best care for an increasing number of patients
- New equipment in the North Wales Cancer Treatment Centre and Wrexham Maelor Hospital
- Specialist training to enable the wonderful nursing staff to introduce new care practices
- Useful books and information for patients and for children whose parents have cancer
We have so much more to do. Please join us and help to make a difference for the thousands of people receiving a diagnosis every year in North Wales.
- The Big Busk
- Snowdon Rocks
- 351120 Walk (2017)
Let’s make sure that you or your family members that receive a cancer diagnosis have the very best care and treatment available and the best staff By Your Side.
Thank you again.
Love, Hope, Strength and Blue Skies Ahead.
Forever by your side.