Nominate someone you know who has been affected by cancer or grief for a Love Hope Strength Retreat / Treat
Love Hope Strength co-founders Mike and Jules Peters decided in 2007, when Mike was recovering from treatment after his leukaemia diagnosis, to devote a percentage of their time and money to giving back and helping move improvements forward for others affected by cancer. Their resolve to help other families only strengthened when Jules was diagnosed with breast cancer almost a decade later.
As musicians, the Peters lead busy lives touring the world, enjoying the buzz of rock and roll, but nevertheless they appreciate the calm of the picturesque village in which they live in North Wales. They love spending time in the peaceful mountains that surround it, and the stunning beaches that are a short drive away. In recent years, the Peters have converted a Chapel in the village, and now they want to offer people affected by cancer the opportunity to rest, relax, regroup, recuperate, reset, retreat – to do what they need to do to help give them hope, build their strength and feel loved – at this beautiful place.
Love Hope Strength will be holding annual Retreat:Treat breaks for people and families affected by cancer. These Retreat:Treat breaks will be provided free of charge. The accommodation is provided at no cost to the charity nor to those benefitting from the break away. The Retreat:Treat breaks will be themed and open to up to 22 people at one time.
The first Love Hope Strength Retreat:Treat
- This first Love Hope Strength Retreat:Treat will be a two night break for ladies who have received a breast cancer diagnosis only.
- The date for Retreat:Treat break is to be confirmed.
- Those attending could be receiving treatment or could be post treatment.
- Activities and sessions with health and wellbeing experts will be laid on for the ladies. These activities are not compulsory.
- This weekend would be enjoyed by ladies who: enjoy or may benefit from sharing their experiences with other ladies who have also received a breast cancer diagnosis; would gain from having time away to reflect on their diagnosis and the impact it has had on their life; enjoy the outdoors (all levels of fitness are able to join this weekend); deserve to take some time out to focus on themselves.
- Attendees will be expected to share a room, and may need to get involved in preparing meals.
- The 22 places will be prioritised by the Love Hope Strength Retreat:Treat panel.
If you, or someone you know, would like to register an interest in being part of the Retreat:Treat break for ladies who have had a breast cancer diagnosis, please complete the below registration form. You’ll receive an e-acknowledgement of your nomination form and within 5 working days you will receive confirmation of whether your registration for the event has been successful. If you have any queries regarding the Love Hope Strength Retreat:Treat Breaks, please email email@example.com or call 07779165404.
Nominate yourself: Click here to nominate yourself
Nominate someone else: Click here to nominate someone else